A Footpath

 Sometimes I feel the world is my oyster. 

And everything I need, should be at my fingertips.

I laugh at the hurdles.

I rejoice in my pain.

But when I get up in the morning.

I am filled with disdain.


I walk on a footpath.

And I count every mile.

For opportunities come, while I wonder and sigh.

I think on my feet, as I gracefully walk.

But reality hits me.

As silence stalks.


I dream of the moments, when I can fly away.

And I pack up my suitcase, with expectations in array.

Beyond the crystal river.

There's a place where I belong.

And oh how I long, to be forgiven for my wrong.


When I was a child, I was taught that I should pray.

With gladness and mercy, I should sing all the way.

But as the years went by, I got caught up with the world.

Now here at last I stand.

Saying goodbye to this land.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair