Linen And Lace

 I cannot imagine the pain you felt.

When you were beaten with the devil's own belt.

It was for my sins YOU gave your life.

So that I could become your wife.


Through the scourge and suffering.

You thought it not to rebuke each sting.

Never in my bed of twine.

I thought that I might sit and dine.


I read your words a thousand times.

But still don't understand.

Why you paid for my crimes.

I guess you loved me so much more.

And wanted me to walk through your door.


I read about your blood and sweat.

How it hurt but you never fret.

In your thirst you saw my need.

With vinegar you chose to lead.


Someday soon I will run to you.

And say Thank You for paying my due.

To know that I am clothed with grace.

I can run dressed in linen and lace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair