From Egypt I Came

 From Egypt I came, though covered with pain.

Sores on my back and weak with disdain.

Though burdened with hunger.

I answered the call.

To walk on a path.

That would be a new start.


The sound of the trumpet as it travelled across.

The rough, rugged road.

Where no songs could be heard.

Awaken with zest.

To be put to the test.

I knew not the end.

But I had a Best Friend.


We gathered in quiet.

To walk with delight.

To places beyond. 

Where was hither and yon.

I took a deep breath.

And hastened with care.

To go to a place where no man would ever dare.


By faith, not by sight.

We were led far away.

To a land filled with hope.

Where we would conquer and cope.

All hail to the King.

As we started to sing.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah.

To the Lamb.

We would win.


The promise of the salt.

To be seasoned in our words.

Were declared in the wind.

With sorrow that we sinned.

Without looking back.

And with hope for no lack.

Our destiny called us.

For tomorrow was a must.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair