A Fearful Heart

 You took me under your wings when I had nothing.

You fed me from your garden and made sure that I was well.

You saw me hiding under a mask of so much despair.

And you lifted me when I was down and didn't understand truth or dare.


I could never understand your thoughts towards me.

Or the reasons why you shed your blood on Calvary.

I read the word and saw that you died so I could l


ive.

But how could you love me so much....

When I had nothing of worth to give?


I don't know if who I am.

Is worth the price you paid.

And I don't know if I belong.

Because I do so many things wrong.


I wish I had much more to give.

To show you that I am.

A daughter with a fearful heart.

Just longing for a brand new start.


I know I fail and I mess up.

Yet still you share from your own cup.

As each new day brings hope in me.

I thank you Lord for setting me free.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair