Martha, Martha

 Martha, Martha... 

Take a rest.

I'm standing outside the door.

I have come to be your guest.

So forget about the mess.


It's not about the table dear....

Or the way you comb your hair.

I love you just the way you are.

That's why I came from far.


I need to hold your hand in mine.

As you sip on pure red wine.

So wipe the sweat from off your face.

And help me untie my old shoe lace.


Martha, Martha..

Sit down dear.

You look tired and worn out.

Your concern for the house.

Will have you running like a mouse.


I see no need for dusting.

So take the time to breathe.

Don't you know that I am here....

To free you from your fear?


Martha, Martha.

You mean well.

But come


sit awhile with me.

For I have many things to say.

So make haste and don't delay.


You will always be my girl.

But you are not off this world.

So put away your broom and mop.

And drink as I pour from my cup.


You are my little honeycomb.

So pure and so refined.

I have much for you to know. 

So come on, let us go and sow.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair