Jesus In My Life

 I thought I had all the time in the world.

To do the things I wanted to do.

The things I thought were important.

The things that I felt I needed to do.


I never looked ahead.

To what would be my stay.

I was so focused on me, myself and I.

I just never saw the time.


I felt it was my privilege.

To work until I drop.

All the while inside my head.

I never thought to stop.


I heard the Lord cry out my name.

I heard it loud and clear.

But who was HE to interrupt.

The things I thought were dear.


I pursued my dreams and did the things.

I wanted too with might.

I played the game of cat and mouse.

Without thinking about tomorrow's cost.


Now here I lie upon a bed.

With all the things I loved.

Yet nothing that I thought was good.

Can give comfort in the hood.


I would trade all that I have right now.

For the Mercy of the Lord.

For too late, too late I realize.

That nothing is more important.

Than


Jesus in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair