If You Must

 Though they slay me.

Yet will I rise.

Though hurried tales are told about me.

I will overcome.


Though haply I am used as an outcast.

I will break the mold.

Though everywhere I go I see.

Misfortune to abound.

I will always stay my course.

Because for always, I am not lost.


My taste is beyond what they know.

And they will reap the seeds they sow.

I am here to do God's will.

And in my heart His love will fill.


I know my test, it will be hard.

And at times I will be sad.

Yet I will pray and trust in God.

And eat the fruits of my reward.


Destroy the body if you must.

But know you're bound by your sinful lust.

If you fail to understand.

Know that I am in God's command.


My feathered friends.

Please choose your side.

Know for now the door is open wide.

Do not let tomorrow come.

For in hell you will not sing a song.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair