I Never Got

 Kiss me for the last time.

Tomorrow I'll be gone.

Whether here or far away.

Know that you will not be there.


I tried to make you happy.

I gave all that I could.

But you just never took the time.

To make sure I understood.


I cried a million tears for you.

I hoped that you might see.

The ache I had inside my heart.

Just knowing we would part.


For all the hugs I never got.

For all the smiles you hid.

For all the words you never said.

For broken promises you never kept when we were wed.


For every chapter in my book.

And words you never read.

For all the different circumstance.

And the times I never danced.


May your life be ever filled.

With what you feel is dear.

May your smile


light up the world.

As you dream and laugh and twirl.


May your days be bright and clear.

And your nights beyond compare.

May your hands reach out and touch.

The rose you think you love so much.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair