Broken

 Maybe I should have never asked.

Maybe if I never knew.

Maybe I would not feel so broken.

How I wish for, then.


I wondered if or why you did not want me.

You could not even bear to get close.

I felt it was my right to question.

Why you were treating me so.


I asked and I got answers.

But now I wish I could forget.

For mistakes were made many years ago.

Yet still it haunts us so.


You cannot forget.

You might forgive.

But our love would never be the same.

For people talk and what they say.

Hurts you much more than I ever do.


I wish with time things change for us.

Since children are involved.

But changes come and go their way.

And still our paths they cross.


Our house is not filled with joy or love.

Or goodwill or peace of mind.

Yet we still stay forever as one.

Never leaving.

Never loving.

Never feeling as we did once.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair