Where No Tears Be

 When I walk through heaven's door and I see you for the first time. I want to remember you, when you looked upon me, and smiled. The day, you took your spoon of gold. And fed me with your hand. Till all I could, was wrap my arms, and hold you, as I should.

Upon my bed of roses red, within those gates of pearls. I'll run to you, with tears of joy. To speak,  with words unsaid. I will hold your hand, and not let go, because your touch I crave. For all the while, upon the earth, your love, is what you gave.

You walked a lonely mile, in shoes. All tattered, torn and worn. You never gave a thought of all, the times you were forlorn. In cherished hope, of what might be. You gave of all you had. Now here today, I look for you. With joy. For I'm not sad.

Oh, apple of my eye, I pray. Your voice, that I will hear. To welcome you, with open arms, without a shout of fear. As angels sing and I rejoice. To know that come what may. Your name will call. You will not fall. Between us, there will be no wall. 

So drink, my love, from wine so rare. And taste it on your lips. As petals of a brand new life, will clothe you as you dine. For step by step, you kept your vow. In faith. In trust. So fine. Now here you stand. Where no tears be. Forever. For all time. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair