I'm Sorry Mama

I'm sorry mama, that I made you cry. 
I'm sorry that I forgot you and made you wonder why. 
You worked so hard to bring me up.
But in my neglect, I took away your cup.

I'm sorry mama, that I was never there.
When you needed me most..  I was found... no where.
You toiled each day, from dawn till dust.
To give me a life, with your love and trust.

I broke your heart and I turned my back.
So filled with myself, I didn't consider your lack.
You thought I didn't need you. 
So you kept to yourself.
But longing for a touch.
And was not asking for much.

If wishes were granted, today I would beg.
To go back in time, and grab hold of your leg.
I stand here today.
With regret flowing free.
As I watch you go, far away from me.

If only I knew then, what I know now.
I would make different choices and beg God to allow.
For time to stand still. 
That mama you could see. 
How happy I would make you.
Till eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning my loves...

God Knows Best

You Neglected To Say Goodbye