From The North Country.

 Return to me. Oh! Desire of my heart. I am crying all the day long. From the north country, I am calling you, my love. My soul longeth to be as a watered garden. Where no barrenness dwell.

Come! Let us rejoice in the dance. Let us rejoice from our sorrow. I refuse to be comforted, because you are not here. My bowels are troubled for you. My heart is toward the highway. Turn! Return to me. Oh! Lover of my soul.

How long will you stay away? How long shall my eyes shed tears, like a fountain in the wilderness? There shall no bill of divorcement be signed. For I am attached. I am connected. I am not cast aside like an old cloth by the wayside. I am a husband. Married to my wife. Withholding not,


my heart and my love. 

My fingers long to write on tables of your heart. A new vow. Eternal words from deep within my soul. You are flesh of my flesh. You are bone of my bone. We are one. Oh! Lover of my soul. Return thou, to me. For I am lost, without you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair